(515) 965-7740
8520 New York Ave
Urbandale, IA 50322
Home Contact Us Testimonials FAQ EDGE Associations


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)


Multi-family Living with a Homeowners Association (HOA)


What are the Governing Documents?  The Governing documents include the Covenants, Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation and Rules and Regulations.  These are legal documents that make up the “Do’s and Don’ts” of your community.  It is very important to take time to read these documents from time to time to make sure that you have the most up to date information about your community. 

How do I get a copy of my Association’s Governing Documents?  You can get a copy of the Governing Documents by visiting your community’s personal web page. 

Who are the Board of Directors for my HOA and what do they do?  The Board of Directors are Homeowners in your development that are elected by the membership (homeowners) of the development to oversee the business of the community.  Your community is actually a non-profit corporation and the Board follows the governing documents to run the business. 

What does the Management Company do?  The Board of directors hires a property manager to handle the day-to-day issues that arise for homeowners as well as manage the financials and business needs of the HOA.

What do my association dues cover?  Your dues cover any cost that it takes to run the association from year to year.  Your Board of Directors will make a budget every year that is available on your Associations personal website that shows the breakdown of exactly where your dues are going.  It is important to check this out. 

Who do I make my Dues Checks out to? Please make your dues check out to the name of your Association.  Edge Property Management also offers direct debit if you do not want to have to remember to write a check each month.  Just fill out the direct debit form on your community’s personalized website and return it to us. 

How do I request Maintenance?  First, you will want to verify with the Governing Documents that the maintenance item you are requesting is one that is covered by the Association.  Then, you will click on the contact us tab at the top of our website to submit a service request directly to Edge Property Management. 

What qualifies as an after-hours emergency repair?  This would include anything that is causing immediate damage to your home.  These items would be fire, water infiltration, and total loss of power (after you have called your energy provider).  If you are experiencing one of these situations, please call our emergency line at 515-965-7740 and push prompt #2 to be connected with someone that can help you.